Monday, August 24, 2009

Simple Woman's Daybook - August 24

For Today... August 24, 2009

Outside my window... a familiar campground but a different part of it!

I am thinking... that I am really glad that the packing and set-up are done and that the tear-down and unpacking are a few days away yet.

From the learning rooms... A week of camping with fellow homeschoolers

I am thankful for... our pop-up camper

From the kitchen... easy easy easy camping meals. Examples? Beef stew from a CAN then heated up in the slow cooker! Sandwiches! Cereal in a box! I don't go camping so I can slave over a campfire or a camp stove.

I am wearing... Probably jeans, a tee shirt, and flipflops, probably make-up and hair done, since it is only the first day of camping. By Friday, I won't be wearing any makeup and my hair will be in a barette. lol

I am reading... The Scarlet Pimpernel by Baroness Orczy and The Library: An Illustrated History by Stuart Murray. Still working through Velvet Elvis by Rob Bell (getting close to being done) and still listening to Fiery Cross by Diana Gabaldon (emotionally heart-wrenching right now!).

I've been watching... 17 Again (and the deleted scenes and special features!), Cranford (love it!)

I am hoping... that the campground isn't too crowded

I am creating... campground memories

I am hearing... Happy sounds

Around the house... the girls' room is neat and tidy, the boys' room is completely torn apart and half-painted and the majority of their belongings is in the landing. EEEK!

One of my favorite things... playing my favorite card game (Minorca) with some of my fav peeps!

A few plans for the rest of the week... Soccer practices for David and James, fun, fun fun, David's first soccer game Friday night, Book Club Saturday

No comments: