Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Simple Woman's Daybook - August 11


For Today... August 11, 2009

Outside my window... it's DARK outside, but the LIGHTS ARE ON IN MY HOUSE!!!

I am thinking... that we certainly take our usually uninterrupted electric service for granted. Be thankful!

From the learning rooms... co-op registration!

I am thankful for... the generosity of Bob's brother, who lent us a generator while our power was out

From the kitchen... a lot of spoiled food - time to clean out and start over!

I am wearing... tan capris, red tank top, hair in a clip, red toenail polish (first time I've EVER worn red polish)

I am reading... Velvet Elvis by Rob Bell and still listening to Fiery Cross by Diana Gabaldon. (Almost done with PART ONE - it's 47 CD's, people!)

I've been watching... What Not to Wear on DVD, Paul Blart Mall Cop (I did not like it much)

I am hoping... that the scale will show a loss of at least a pound on Thursday to break my plateau

I am creating... a spreadsheet of the class choices of the co-op kids and work assignments of the co-op moms

I am hearing... What Not to Wear on the TV, insects outside

Around the house... the power was off for almost 3 full days and that was VERY VERY disrupting, and now? It's odd to see lights on. lol Oh yeah, and 23 boxes full of soccer uniforms were delivered on Monday right in the middle of the power outage. They are mostly delivered now.

One of my favorite things... Speaking in front of people, sharing things that are important to me

A few plans for the rest of the week... We had co-op registration today, thinking about driving to Lake Huron, baby shower and wedding shower (2 different guests of honor), seeing Time Traveler's Wife?, kickboxing, movie in the park?

Here is a picture thought I am sharing with you.

That's not a lake.

That's a ROAD.

Yep, that's what the rain caused around here on Saturday.

3 comments:

MICHELE said...

You looked fantastic yesterday! I loved your red shirt, too.
And, cool shoes.

Thanks so much for the vintage platter. I have it propped in my dining room to enjoy.

Mich.

Denise Bryant said...

I hope that you break your weight loss plateau!!

Karmen said...

"Explode the Code" sure brought back some great memories!!!