Monday, August 17, 2009

Simple Woman's Daybook - August 17


For Today... August 17, 2009

Outside my window... It's overcast. I hope it doesn't rain on my clothes hanging on the line. My neighbor has a popup camper popped in their driveway; they're going camping later this week.

I am thinking... about donating plasma. The donation center is not very close to home, though. Is the gas money and time trade-off worth the payout?

From the learning rooms... Last week of Sun and Fun. I should probably start doing some lesson plans.

I am thankful for... the nice safe pleasant neighborhood we live in

From the kitchen... Just coffee, thanks.

I am wearing... denim shorts, flowered shirt, still the red toenail polish, hair up in a clip and no makeup

I am reading... Velvet Elvis by Rob Bell and still listening to Fiery Cross by Diana Gabaldon. (On disc 30 of 47 CD's!). I know it seems that's all I am reading, but I tend to finish a book on Sunday, so the last thing I read was Rude Awakenings of a Jane Austen Addict.

I've been watching... The Time Traveler's Wife, 17 Again (and the deleted scenes!)

I am hoping... that I can get back to my regular exercise schedule this week (took a brief break due to some aches and pains)

I am creating... new soccer rosters

I am hearing... 17 Again on the TV. (That was last night. Right now I hear Bob talking to me and James turning pages. Everyone else is STILL asleep!)

Around the house... the girls' room is basically put back together and today we start to tear apart the boys' room - remove everything except furniture, repair dings in the drywall, paint it, and put it back together

One of my favorite things... Having someone ELSE cook

A few plans for the rest of the week... Soccer practices for David and James, a meeting with my homeschool group co-coordinators, maybe some time with friends, finding a job for me and/or Bob

Here is a picture thought I am sharing with you.
I don't know if this is clear enough, but the previous price of this angel food cake was $2.00. Big savings at Walmart. lol

2 comments:

Denise Bryant said...

You've got some BIG things on your agenda this week. I took a hiatus from giving plasma the last 6 months, but next week I'm getting back into the swing of things. Could both Bob & you give at the same time? Even Troy is working on scheduling an appt to start giving - that's huge since he's a needle phobic guy!

MICHELE said...

That is quite a deal at Wally World! They are toooooo good to their customers!

I bet you laughed out loud when you saw that...I can picture you fishing around for your camera and snapping!

Mich.