Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Try-It Tuesday: Habit & Character Training Cards

"I am, I can, I ought, I will" -- Charlotte Mason

"Sow a thought and you reap an act; sow an act and you reap a habit; sow a habit and you reap a character; sow a character and you reap a destiny." --Erasmus.

If your kids are anything like mine, they occasionally need a little character training. Just from time to time. (like from 7am til 9pm, lol)

Here is a tool that may work for you: Free Character / Habit Training Cards

You can download a .pdf on that webpage that includes a template for customizable training cards. The page also includes tips and ideas for using the template with your family.

This is a very Charlotte Mason-kind of thing to do, as she advocates habit training.

Give it a try. Come back and tell me how it worked. Maybe I'll have tried it myself by then!

1 comment:

Wee Pip said...

I'm really awful at setting any kind of organized limits or character instruction for my kids. I often wonder how they'll turn out. Hmmm...
I thought of you today, since you've had some "kids with messy bedrooms" issues. We spent all day cleaning The Big Bad Bedroom. It's clean now and I set some rules. Let's see if *I* can stick to the rules!
Sarah