Monday, August 25, 2008

Simple Woman Daybook - August 25

Simple Woman Daybook
FOR TODAY... August 25, 2008

Outside My Window... leaves fluttering in a light breeze, an orange wagon abandoned on the yard, also a skateboard and a bicycle, the recycling bin at the side of the road waiting to be brought back to the house after pickup

I am thinking... that dental insurance isn't very useful - it disappears too fast.

(CHANGE ADDED! The Simple Woman added an extra entry here below entitled "From the learning rooms..." for those of us who homeschool and wish to share a bit. So if you wish, you may add this to your daybook)

From the learning rooms... Edu-track software and piles of curriculum and school supplies

I am thankful for... good health!

From the kitchen... leftovers from the church picnic yesterday - pulled chicken, sandwich buns, veggies, potatoes, watermelon

I am wearing... My NaNoWriMo t-shirt, jeans, white socks, white "indoor" shoes, hair messy in a clip, no makeup. (NaNoWriMo is National Novel Writing Month)

I am creating... lesson plans! lesson plans! lesson plans!

I am going... to the grocery store, the library, and the bank today.

I am reading... Mansfield Park by Jane Austen, Finding God in Lord of the Rings by Kurt Bruner, I Saw The Angel in the Marble by Chris and Ellyn Davis

I am hoping... to get a semester's worth of lesson plans done this week, also hoping that we can go camping again before it gets cold

I am hearing... David making gun noises, Suzy insisting that Bob tie her shoes

Around the house... laundry is almost done, bedrooms are probably in need of attention.

One of my favorite things.... school supplies!

A Few Plans For The Rest Of The Week: Working on lesson plans, getting together with friends, last night of VBS, taking David for an orthodontic evaluation, maybe a dental appointment, one last visit to the water park

Here is a picture thought I am sharing...

My daughters sleeping on our bedroom floor after we evacuated a bat from their bedroom.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

There is nothing like a bat to clear out a room! Love, Mom

Anonymous said...

That sure is a sweet picture of your girls!

Oh...so boys still make gun noises...even when they're older? Oh boy...glad for the heads up! I better get used to it.

Mich

Anonymous said...

Love the photo.
I hear you about the dental insurance - I've already used mine up and I have more work and a cleaning still to be done.

Elaine