- Where the Red Fern Grows by Wilson Rawls - he chose this to begin with
- The Incredible Journey by Sheila Burnford
- My Side of the Mountain by Jean Craighead George
- A Wrinkle in Time by Madeleine L'Engle
- 5 Children and It by E. Nesbit
- The Black Stallion by Walter Farley
- The Bronze Bow by Elizabeth G. Speare
- Across Five Aprils by Irene Hunt
- The Story of King Arthur and His Knights by Howard Pyle
- Gulliver's Travels by Jonathan Swift
- Adam of the Road by Elizabeth Janet Gray
- Twenty Thousand Leagues Under the Sea by Jules Verne
I will let him choose from the list and decide what's next each time he finishes one. Not sure how many of these he'll get through, but I think one a month is a good goal.
We will be discussing the books with the Adam Andrews method. :-) Most of these are books I have read in the past, which makes the discussion easier if I can't read them along with him.
He will also be doing much writing to respond to these literature selections.