Saturday, April 3, 2010

Passion Play

On Good Friday, I piled the kids into the van and headed for a Passion Play.

When I mentioned to David that we were going to a Passion Play, he narrowed his eyes at me and cocked his head to one side. "Not THAT kind of passion, David!" So, in case you and he are on similar trains (of thought), I'll explain that a Passion Play is a play about Jesus - his passion (trial, suffering, crucifixion, and resurrection).

So, off we headed - I wanted to get there early in case there was a long line. There wasn't though. The place wasn't even close to full - where were all of you? It was even FREE - can't get better than that?

So, we spent two hours on the afternoon of Good Friday watching actors portray major events in the life of Jesus. What a moving experience! I, of course, was in tears. (Since I even cry at commercials, it's rather a given that I'll be emotional watching Jesus drag the cross up the aisle.) But Emily also was very emotional. The others? Not so much, but I think it was good for them to see.

I think we'll make a point to see the production again next year.

No comments: