Monday, October 27, 2008

Simple Woman Daybook - October 27


For Today... October 27, 2008

Outside my Window... .Wet pavement and puddles showing raindrops, drifts of wet golden leaves, our empty recycling bin, jack-o-lanterns on the neighbors porch, the other neighbor's deflated huge pumpkin, another neighbor walking by wearing a pink coat.

I am thinking... we need to find some affordable pumpkins since Bob's brother didn't grow them this year.

From the learning rooms... working in our NaNoWriMo workbooks this week to prepare for our novel writing. Also Colonial House (PBS) DVD's to enhance David's learning for Sonlight 100.

I am thankful for... Math-U-See

From the kitchen... well....... not much. There is a bag of dry beans laying on the counter! lol

I am wearing... Black stretchy shirt with 3/4 sleeves and some kind of flower applique, pale yellow tank top, jeans, black socks, white house shoes, grey zipper hoodie, yeah - no makeup, hair in a barrette

I am reading... The Bible (Psalms) and nothing else yet. I finished Northanger Abbey on Friday and haven't chosen another book yet, although there are certainly many choices available! I might try to read my OVERDUE Artemis Fowl book today.

I am hoping... I get a GREAT NaNoWriMo idea very soon!

I am creating... a month's worth of everything that I can do ahead of time (see below).

I am hearing... a political message being recorded on my answering machine. Does anyone really listen to those calls!? How much more annoying can the politicians be?

Around the house... we got out the winter gear this week and sorted through that. Also sorted blankets and made sure everyone had proper cold weather bedding. Sorted girls' tights. (why oh why do most of them NOT have sizes in them?) Freecycled a bunch of stuff. Have some coats and snowpants to donate to a charity. Still have piles of sale stuff that I'd like to list online this week. We'll see. That's always the thing that doesn't happen.

One of my favorite things... my very favorite youtube video. OK, I'm a geek, but I am a geek with a soft spot for Regency-era heroes. :-D

A Few Plans For The Rest Of The Week... regular lessons M, W, R, F, a field trip to a TV station on Tuesday, service project raking leaves on Tuesday, older 3 have art class on Wed afternoon, Harvest Party at church Wed night (no Financial Peace class this week), Trick-or-treating Friday night. NO SOCCER on Saturday! Soccer is DONE!!!! NaNoWriMo begins on Saturday!

This week I will be getting ready for NaNoWriMo by outlining my novel (if I have a good idea soon), cleaning, doing lesson plans for the whole month of November, listing sale stuff, planning my two co-op classes for both Nov. sessions, and also my Sunday School lessons.

Here is a picture thought I am sharing with you...
My father-in-law, my husband, and my youngest daughter at our hayride (see the wagon) and cookout out at the family farm.

4 comments:

Jen said...

We are also using Math-U-See. It took us a while to get use to it. But we like it. The wagon full of cotton looks neat.

HDMac said...

Love the Psalms....

Unknown said...

I agree those calls are annoying!
Cute picture!

A happy heart at home said...

Cute pic. I enjoy the "Pride and Prejudice" movies. We have both the Colin Firth and the Kiera Knightley versions.

I'm doing NaNo, too! Email me your NaNo name, and I'll add you as a buddy. :)

~Susan

ahappyheartathome(at)gmail(dot)com