Saturday, February 25, 2012

Lisa's Logbook - February 25


Challenges:
1 - Parenting - every day something new, plus the same-old same-old
2 - Keeping my temper (ok, just being real here....)
3 - I think the guy who was supposed to take over for me as Registrar is going to flake out and not do it.

Successes:
1 - Completed our green belt testing! Now we are ADVANCED students. Oh my.
2 - Got all the Wordsmith papers graded.
3 - Have a good number of students registered for the essay class I will be teaching beginning mid-March.

Projects:
1 - Working on getting the co-op schedule done. Almost there!
2 - Planning my next essay class
3 - Starting my 2012 Mixbook - going to scrap as the year goes along so I don't forget the details. Going to do a 2011 Mixbook as well.

From the Library: interloaned the first season of The Big Bang Theory - about halfway through watching it. Sometimes I laugh out loud!
Netflix: Watched a production of Shakespeare's Richard III - starring Ian McKellen, Annette Bening, Robert Downey, Jr., and Kristin Scott Thomas. Really good and boy, Richard III was a scoundrel!
Brit Lit: Finished The Scarlet Pimpernel (which I have read before), and am starting El Dorado (a sequel).

Recipes: Sticky Bun Breakfast Ring (found, of course, on Pinterest)
What's New: Bought a purse last week at Goodwill (brand new, with tags, bigger than my old one, with a shoulder strap and lots of compartments. LOVE IT!) Also found a neoprene envelope that fits my Kindle with its book light installed - 99 cents! YAY!

Serendipity: Driving back and forth to robotics with David gives us lots of time to chat - at least when he's not napping. lol

Disappointment: Dreamcoat was sold out on the day we hoped to go. :-(

Fun Times: Got to go to a movie (This Means War) and for dinner with a couple wonderful ladies last weekend.

Anticipating: MARCH - I hate February.

Writing Progress: again, nothing.....


3 comments:

~Byn There said...

#2 Challenge -- you and me both sister, last week I was tried and tested.....

#3 Registrar Flake Out -- Booo :(

Congrats on passing GREEN Belt!!!

Big Bang Theory - We love that show and quote Sheldonism constantly. "I accept your premise but reject your conclusion." Bazinga!

Christy said...

TOLD you Big Bang Theory was funny funny. We're watching it right now as a matter of fact. I liked This Means War too.
:)

Debbie Schlarb said...

Glad you have enough students for that essay class.

Getting good deals is always fun!

-- Debbie