Sunday, May 2, 2010

Lisa's Logbook - May 2

Outside: Overcast and drippy but almost 70!

Sounds: Steven Curtis Chapman "Dive"
I’m diving in, I’m going deep in over
my head, I want to be
Caught in the rush, lost in the flow,
in over my head, I want to go
The river’s deep, the river’s wide,
the river’s water is alive
So sink or swim, I’m diving in


Home: Bob is redoing the backyard path. We keep saying we need to finish the exterior painting job, but we never seem to begin. I need Denise's gumption!

Projects: Soccer registration preparation - the dates are May 12 and 15 but there is much to do beforehand

Pondering: being the image bearer of Christ (read the article I posted yesterday - To Kill or To Love)

Teaching: David has dissection class this week. I am very thankful he has that opportunity to do dissection with someone who loves science and encourages him to be studious.

Gratitude: Thankful also that Maryann has talked David into doing soccer again this fall.

Recipes: Emily and her friend Leah made Chocolate Banana Bread (Taste of Home recipe) - YUM! David made brownies that were very good too.

Duds: Navy tee, red/navy checked capris, hair and makeup done (went to church - can you believe it?)

Reads: Emma by Jane Austen for book club (still trying to finish), also got Echo in the Bone audio back from the library - barely time to pick up a book, so not much reading happening except magazines.

Vids: Kate & Leopold, Eli Stone TV series (on DVD), He Loves Me He Loves Me Not (in French, no less), The Blind Side

Hopes: that starting the kids back on allowances will be motivational for them

Love: GARAGE SALE SEASON! I WILL go to garage sales this week. I WILL.

Plans: Teaching Spanish, Working 4 hours M-F, J & S soccer, Keepers party, Cinco de Mayo party, Rollicking Readers Movie Night (it's party week! LOL)

Pic: Suzy's soccer injury - She crashed heads at Saturday's noon game with a hard-headed larger opponent. The first pic was Saturday night; the second pic was Sunday morning before church. (The date is wrong, for some reason!)


No comments: