Monday, September 28, 2009

Simple Woman's Daybook - September 28

For Today... September 28, 2009

Outside my window... sunshine on the wet leaves and grass, some trees are beginning to turn color, and WINDY!!! When I typed this earlier, there was sun - now it's just cold and gray and still windy!

I am thinking... about how God is meeting every need, if I just bring it to Him in prayer. It's quite amazing really.

From the learning rooms... handwritten assignment sheets instead of done on the computer

I am thankful for... sweet and generous birthday wishes!

From the kitchen... frozen pizza for lunch and COFFEE! We had oreo cookie cake yesterday for my birthday. The kids had hot cocoa when we got back from the rain-soaked soccer fields.

I am wearing... [9:30 am?] black polo shirt, jean skirt, bare feet right now and wet hair [10:41 pm] PJ's, robe, wool socks

I am reading... listening to A Breath of Snow and Ashes (Disc 15 of 48) by Diana Gabaldon (#6 in Outlander series). Also reading Ted Dekker's The Slumber of Christianity and The Count of Monte Cristo by Alexander Dumas for book club.

I've been watching... Armageddon (had never seen it before!), The Soloist (loved it!), and The Count of Monte Cristo

I am hoping... David's coach will call and cancel his windy cold practice tonight. But that's not too likely. [Note: The practice was indeed windy, cold, and uncancelled.]

I am creating... a class list for my new Spanish class. It will be right after the current class - consolidating my time out of the house. Two classes in a row, one set of lesson plans! Whee!

I am hearing... Some faint humming machinery, wind in the trees whipping twigs against the windows, the kids banging around in the yard, and someone chatting in the kitchen

Around the house... a pile of books & DVD's to sell

One of my favorite things... A new book by a favorite author - it's the anticipation of something delicious! Case in point - Diana Gabaldon's An Echo in the Bone.... I can't start it yet, but I lovingly placed it on my shelf awaiting its turn to be enjoyed!

A few plans for the rest of the week... Teaching Spanish, Soccer practices and games for David, Suzy, and James. Field Trip to an orchard. Art class for E & J. Bob working M night, Th/Fr daytime!

Here is a picture thought I am sharing with you.
Suzy grabbed my cell phone and snapped this picture of the wedding cake my sister-in-law made for her daughter's wedding on Saturday.

No comments: