Monday, July 6, 2009

Simple Woman's Daybook - July 6

For Today... July 6, 2009

Outside my window... Leaves ruffled by a brisk breeze, a pale blue sky dappled with puffy white clouds, grass grown way too long, and a tent up at the neighbors

I am thinking... about spiritual disciplines after hearing Dr. Mark Weeter speak several times last week. I'd love to take his class at Oklahoma Wesleyan University, but for now I'll content myself with reading some of the books he recommended.

From the learning rooms... Double Suns this week for Math pages

I am thankful for... the excellent teaching we heard at Family Camp last week! Morning and evening rallies for kids and adults. Our family took full advantage of this resource!

From the kitchen... French toast for lunch, no idea for dinner. Really need to get to the store.

I am wearing... Khaki shorts, brown tee, bare feet, hair down, no makeup.

I am reading... Finger Lickin' Fifteen by Janet Evanovich is waiting for me at the library! I'm reading Frankenstein by Mary Shelley (for book club) and One Tough Mama by Julie Ann Barnhill. I also need to read Mr. Darcy's Diary by Amanda Grange since it is overdue and I can't renew it!

I've been watching... just about nothing, since I've been camping for 9 nights. Last night when we came home, David and I watched 2 episodes of NCIS, but I'm still on Season 1 of that.

I am hoping... that I feel better tomorrow, since today I feel like ca-ca. Sniffles, coughs, headache.

I am creating... a grocery list and not much else.

I am hearing... Suzy whining about books (not being able to read them), a motorcycle on the main road one street over, birds chirping, and wind in the leaves.

Around the house... a LOT of laundry. Sleeping bags that need to be aired out and a camper to unpack. Bare cupboards (thus, the grocery list)

One of my favorite things... Family Camp!

A few plans for the rest of the week... grocery shopping, optometrist, editing, meetings, beach day, wedding shower, movie in the park.

Here is a picture thought I am sharing with you.

No comments: