Thursday, July 23, 2009

Simple Woman's Daybook - July 23

For Today... July 23, 2009
(I meant to do this Monday before we left, but I forgot, so here it is late).

Outside my window...A small blond neighbor child singing tunelessly, James bouncing a red rubber ball, a motorhome parked at another neighbor's home

I am thinking... about how politically opinionated my older son seems to be

From the learning rooms... a "field trip" to Lake Michigan

I am thankful for... free movies in the park and cheap swimming beforehand

From the kitchen... frozen pizza and a cooler of leftover camping food

I am wearing... my NaNoWriMo07 shirt, new jeans (size smaller!), white sox, and hair freshly washed because I jogged before dinner.

I am reading... I am still listening to (and LOVING) The Fiery Cross by Diana Gabaldon. Wow, she's a master at writing! Finished two books (Bird by Bird, Yes Man) this week while on vacation and have yet to pick up another, but I have a lot to choose from!

I've been watching... Not even one thing, but tonight I'll be seeing Because of Winn-Dixie.

I am hoping... that I don't have to work full-time again (more than hoping - PRAYING and BEGGING GOD)

I am creating... summertime memories?

I am hearing... the girls whining about their kitchen clean-up and the wheels of the van crunching on th gravel of the driveway

Around the house... unpacking from 4 days of vacation and Bob working on repairing a fan that we trash-picked. (Yep, trash-picked, and PROUD of it)

One of my favorite things... hearing my dad's stories (he's recording them!)

A few plans for the rest of the week... We went to Lake Michigan! And there's Beach Day tomorrow and Movie in the Park tonight and on Saturday a wedding and Book Club. Busy but fun!

Here is a picture thought I am sharing with you.
Me (left) and my three dear friends I went camping with along with all our daughters last weekend.

No comments: