Thursday, September 6, 2012

First Day of Lessons

The first day of lessons begins like every other day, with cereal. But earlier.











Traditionally we have a treasure hunt to find our new school supplies. However, only my 5th grader was interested in a hunt. My senior didn't even WANT an Avengers or Corvette folder! Can you believe it? So Suzy did the hunt by herself. I've been using pre-made clues from The Treasure Hunt Book (Klutz) for years now.






New school supplies are a tradition too. Apparently 7th grade (and even 10th!) is not too old for neat folders. Heck, I like them myself!
David is listening to Huckleberry Finn. I think. 


Here are what our monthly lesson sheets look like.







And here are Emily and Suzanne working on the laptops.

1 comment:

Denise Bryant said...

Happy start of school! Enjoy this school year - I can't believe that David is a senior. Wow.