Sunday, April 22, 2012

Midwest Homeschool Convention - Cincinnati: List of Seminars

Midwest Homeschool Convention in Cincinnati = WONDERFUL!!

I attended nine great seminars (and walked out of three not-so-great ones, which left me lots of time for browsing and shopping in the enormous vendor hall). Will be posting my seminar notes throughout the coming weeks.

Here are the seminars I loved:
  1. It's Onomatopoeia, Mom!" - Adam Andrews, Center for Literary Education
  2. Are You at Your Wit's End? - Kirk Martin, Calm Christian Parenting
  3. Teaching Classics from Seuss to Socrates - Adam Andrews, Center for Literary Education
  4. The Struggling Reader - Kristin Eckenwiler, TheStrugglingReader.net
  5. When Math Doesn't Come Easily - Kathy Kuhl, learndifferently.com
  6. Design Your Own Literature Program - Adam Andrews, Center for Literary Education
  7. Teaching Boys & Other Children Who Would Rather Make Forts All Day - Andrew Pudewa, Institute for Excellence in Writing
  8. Getting Your Child Ready for College - Amanda Bennett, Unit Studies by Amanda Bennett
  9. Building the Perfect Reading List: How You Can Find Classic Books for Students Of All Ages - Adam Andrews, Center for Literary Education
Maybe  you can tell who my favorite new homeschool speaker is! LOL I downloaded two more seminars from his website today.

2 comments:

ahusted said...

Would love to hear about your thought on your favorite speaker cause I'm thinking it may be the one you attended the most? I have a boy that would like to build forts all day instead of sit at a desk and do school work.

lconnock said...

Ahusted...I also saw the Andrew Pudewa about youngsters wanting to build forts. Because I have an up and coming kindergartner who wants to do just that. Get the book , Why Gender Matters, by Leonard Sax. The whole premise or Mr. Pudewa's seminar was based on this book. He saw Leonard Sax at a seminar and he was on the edge of his seat. He read the book, then did his seminar based on the book. So if you get the book you have even more than what Mr. Pudewa talked about. I do not have the book but I'd have to say it is a must read, so I am of to order it after I post this!