Saturday, January 28, 2012

Lisa's Logbook - January 28

Challenges:
1 - Innovation for Endurance 30 Day Challenge (30 days of activity - today is Day 28)
2 - The vehicles are giving us trouble - 2/3 are inoperable right now. And the other one is having some battery issues.
3 - Perfecting my karate form WITH POWER, and also the other things we need to know for our test in one month
Successes:
1 - Weigh-in Wednesday showed 11.6 lbs down in 3 weeks
2 - Finally got the Regency Ball portraits displayed! Not exactly how I wanted, but at least they're up instead of in a stack in the hutch, right?
3 -  Finished the Daniel Fast!

Projects:
1 - Making denim Christmas stockings - I've cut out six of them.
2 - Getting my Mixbook album done for 2010
3 - getting at least one of my finished books e-published for Kindle

From the Library: A whole SLEW of books - see my post on Mirkwood Reflections.
On My KindleCraving God: A 21-Day Devotional Challenge by Lysa Terkeurst
Netflix: finished up the second season of Parenthood
Theater: One for the Money (based on Evanovich's book) - liked it!

Recipes: I made some good chili and Suzy made some delicious cornbread. I think it was so good because we used butter in it instead of oil like my other recipe calls for.
What's New: Bought David a cell phone since he's gone so much lately. Got a great deal on a Net10 phone at Kmart. He has 4 months of service and after that, he'll be on his own with paying for it.

Serendipity: The poems composed by my writing class were quite good, on the whole!
Obsession: PINTEREST! (I swore I wouldn't get sucked in. But now, I don't remember why. It's so wonderful! lol)
Fun Times: Book club was wonderful! Two days later, I got together with two good friends for dinner and a DVD and some discussion. :-) And last night, I got together with 7 other ladies for a movie and dinner out. When it rains, it pours!


Anticipating: Sister Weekend!
Writing Progress: oh, never mind. :-)

2 comments:

Niffercoo said...

Congratulations on the weight loss!! I can't believe it's been so long since I've looked at your blogs - I love the new layouts. At least they are new to me! LOL

Debbie Schlarb said...

See you soon for SW!

I'll probably be making chili next week, with cornbread. YUM!