Sunday, January 10, 2010

Lisa's Logbook - January 10

Outside: Quite COLD, but some sun peeked through today. Now it's dark. Lots of snow on the ground.

Sounds: Bob telling Suzy to go do the dishes. Now she's singing.

Home: Projects spread all over - Spanish stuff, scrapbooking stuff, pictures to hang, stuff for sale, a craft project of the girls', and lesson planning stuff!

Projects: Sorting supplies and checking if I have pix for a scrapbooking weekend! Also trying hard to get 10 weeks of Spanish completely planned so I don't have to think about it until after Easter.

Pondering: how I can come home from church all excited about the sermon and my husband can just be indifferent.

Teaching: The lesson plans are all done for January, except that pesky Science! Now if I could only print everything out. Why does the ink always vanish when you need it most?

Gratitude: So thankful that I was able to order glasses for David and Emily AND that their new insurance covers the polycarbonate lenses that I had to pay extra for on the old insurance. Also very thankful that James and Suzy don't NEED glasses.

Recipes: Going to cook a ham tomorrow.

Duds: Black yoga pants, grey long sleeved tee, grey hoodie, pink striped socks, hair and makeup done since I went to church (but I changed my clothes)

Reads: A Bride in the Bargain by Deeanne Gist

Vids: Gran Torino, Twister, part of Star Trek (ran out of time, but want to watch the rest sometime), and watched/listened to the commentary for Someone Like You while I sorted pictures. Tried watching a couple of TV shows my friend lent me, but couldn't get into them (Reckless - Masterpiece Theater & Keen Eddie)

Hopes: Bob put his resume in for two promising jobs. Pray he gets a callback. He just needs a chance!

Love: I love to be able to share things with people!

Plans: Dentist and doctor appointments for the kids this week. I have a SECOND interview on Thursday. Our first co-op of the year is Friday. Bob works M, W, F 10-6:30. I am going away scrapping for the weekend!

Pic: Suzy wrote me a note the other day.

4 comments:

Denise Bryant said...

Loved "Gran Torino". Jealous of your scrapping weekend. :)

Niffercoo said...

It sounds like a very exciting and busy week ahead of you!! Loved Gran Torino, and Twister is a classic! Also, I loved Star Trek which was weird because I didn't really watch any of the series or the other movies.

Hope you have a great week!!

MICHELE said...

We liked Grand Torino, too.
What a sweet note from Suzy... that's a keeper!

Praying for Bob... and a new job... I'd love his position!

Your pal, Mich

Anonymous said...

Cute "Suzy" note! Love, Mom