I've been listening to a lot of Christmas music lately, as maybe you have too. So, I came up with a list of 10 favorite songs. Next week (or tonight) the list could be different, but this is how it stands on Christmas Eve afternoon 2010. Some I just like the song itself and some I like a particular rendition. If I had a lot more time right now, I'd give you the music for all these, but you get the idea, right?
So, in no particular order:
1. Silver Bells
2. O Holy Night (any EXCEPT the travesty by Mariah Carey)
3. Christmas Eve/Sarajevo 12/24 by Trans-Siberian Orchestra
4. Wizards in Winter by Trans-Siberian Orchestra
5. It Came Upon a Midnight Clear
6. Gloria by Michael W. Smith
7. Carol of the Bells (Straight No Chaser has a good version.)
8. anything at all by Johnny Mathis (nostalgia....)
9. Mary Did You Know (not sure which is my favorite, but I downloaded Kutless's version today)
10. Emmanuel by Amy Grant
And here are a few songs that make me change the radio station.
1. Christmas Shoes (Like the dying mom really wants SHOES???)
2. Little Drummer Boy (so repetitious.....so repetitious)
3. Simply Having a Boring Christmastime (Oh, that's not the title???)