Monday, April 27, 2009

Simple Woman's Daybook - April 27

For Today... April 27, 2009

Outside my window... The grass is green and growing! There are buds on the trees. And I see Dandelions! And a robin!

I am thinking... that I'm hungry and I should eat something. Also about a possible job opening that was mentioned to me yesterday.

From the learning rooms... Friday's lessons are happening today instead since we went garage saling on Friday. This is the last week of the month, so I have one more month of lessons to do before lessons "end for the summer". Which they don't really.

I am thankful for... Not losing our power during the storm. Getting our cable internet service BACK from the 22 hour outage!

From the kitchen... Oh crud, someone probably expects me to make food this week. Today, even.

I am wearing... Jeans, SHORT-sleeved black stretchy t-shirt under a light green Tee with Legolas on it. BARE FEET.

I am reading... Fatally Flaky by Diane Mott Davidson (but I'm only 70 pages in and it's dull. Thinking about putting it aside.) Also going to finish A Thousand Splendid Suns this week.

I am hoping... to jump back into editing Mystery Valley Ranch today, as well as send out some query letters for Forget-me-not.

I am creating... Nothing comes to mind.

I am hearing... Suzy scuffing across the carpet, someone shuffling papers, a truck going by outside.

Around the house... The water heater pilot light went out due to water in the basement, so we have no hot water at present. A load of laundry is being hung on the clothesline right now.

One of my favorite things... 17 Again! (If anyone wants to go see it, I'll go with you! Yes, even you, Jen! LOL)

A few plans for the rest of the week... Lessons & Writing Monday-Thursday, Park Day on Friday, Soccer games T/Th/Sat, a movie night with friends Monday, going to see WOLVERINE Thursday night.

Here is a picture thought I am sharing with you...James found a frog and Suzy was not the least bit afraid of carrying it around.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I was just about to put the Flaky book on my library list. Mom

MICHELE said...

So, don't you think you should tell us what you found garage sailing..or better yet, show us a snap????????

Mich.

Snap said...

Love the pictures of the kids ... especially the frog! Did you find something at the garage sale? I have the urge to go garaging, but I don't NEED anything! :) I've read Diane Mott Davidson and really enjoyed her first books in the series. Then, they seemed to all be alike. Haven't read one in years and by your comment, this is one I won't pick up!

Niffercoo said...

Come on down and we'll go see the movie! :)