Wednesday, June 29, 2005

Who Needs Manners

Who needs manners? Evidently, my children do!

A good friend showed me a book on manners she had recently purchased and I was very impressed. It is called Manners Made Easy by June Hines Moore. Why was I so excited about it? Hines has combined learning etiquette with fun object lessons, hands-on activities, and Bible study. Doesn't that sound awesome?

My kids didn't think so.

Sigh.

C'mon, kids! Who needs manners? "No one!" they chorused. Heavier sigh on my part. OK, time to pull out the big guns. "Kids, if you don't pay attention and at least TRY to learn from this manners study, you'll be taking the SAME study at co-op this fall." There! I told them!

OK, now that they're sitting up in their seats politely, we can try to learn some MANNERS. On to the cute object lesson about porcupines, which had them listening intently. I think they even got the point!

Later this week, we'll take the quiz (orally, not written) and do the Bible study. There are 6 lessons in this book, and I figure we can complete one each week for the next few weeks. By Labor Day, I should have four sweet well-mannered children. Right?

Right??

Oh well, at least I can try!

No comments: